25 characters standing in my way of computer bliss

20 April 2010




Today started out with potential and it quickly started slipping down towards unproductive and useless. The whole chicken was used to as a puppet to chase kids out of bed and out the door for school before being thrown into the crockpot for dinner. Yes yes I know you shouldn't play with your food but it's fun, what can I say.

I cooked Dirt Diver, Monkey, and Princess breakfast between PT and work. Then the day started to slip away into the vast world of nothingness. I have been sitting on the floor in our bedroom for 2 4 hours now searching for a product key for the desktop. I couldn't get the virus off it so I had this genius idea to reformat and reinstall the OS. Only problem I can't find the stupid product key. GAAH so instead of accepting defeat and focusing on finishing unpacking and laundry I have been desperately searching for codes. To which I can't find a single stupid code to save my life.

Dirt Diver called a little bit ago with bad news. He can't get LASIK. We've been trying to get it done on him for the past 5 years in the Navy and the Army said no. His cornea is too thin. The disappointment in his voice just broke my heart. There's nothing I can do to fix it for him no matter how much I want to. Nothing I can say will make it better either. This isn't a broken axle, video game controller, computer, or lack of money. As much as I like to think I can triumph our LORD at times, this is one that I have to step back and admit defeat. Unfortunately Dirt Diver doesn't have the solid relationship with him as I wish he did so it will take him a lot longer before he comes to terms with this news.

The one thing that has put and kept a smile on my face is that since we got our FL's hooked up last week Princess has been fully 100% back in cloth diapers. I almost forgot how much I love her big fluffy butt. When I put her BSRB on her yesterday I about cried. I swear she was a lot smaller when I packed them up on March 23rd. I originally had planned on keeping her fluffy butt during the move but then the idea of having to wash my beloved diapers in the laundry mat made me cringe. I tried to do that once when we first moved to Oregon last year and it was HORRIBLE. I spent almost $8 on just 1 load of dipes because I couldn't figure out how much detergent to put in and oh man the bubbles that kept showing up in the water. Would have been funny if not for the cost. I would LOVE to buy some more but it'll have to wait a little bit longer then I was hoping. I've been doing some thinking and I really want to convert all our dipes to Prefolds, Scuttlebutts, and BSRB. Of course I want more wool. Although if I could buckle down and learn to knit better I could just start knitting her own woolies. Oh the woolie love I have is just so much. I swear I could sleep with them all snuggled up against me at night.

I did see where a fellow military wife and blogger is hosting a month of cloth diaper giveaways! Go check out Exploits of a Military Mama and enter.

See ladies I have issues upon issues. I want to sleep with my daughter's diapers and wool. It's going to be a long day!

2 Voices:

Sal said...

Whoo thanks for mentioning me!

Also, I feel your LASIK pain. DH is having the same issue. It's hard. I hate it.

Unknown said...

I love the days that have potential then slip downhill. Ha! If only. I feel so useless on those days. At least you have an excuse like kids, just moving... I've got nothin'

♥ Mrs. S.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails