Fashion disaster at its best

31 January 2010

Jeslyn from The Improbable Housewife brought up the topic of fashion while participating in Kelly's Corner's Fashion Blog Hop, and it got me thinking.

I am a firm believer that the “being a girl” gene skipped me when I was born. Until I had my daughter I NEVER wore a skirt, I would wear 3 sports bras under XL shirts, saggy Dickies or Levi’s. I didn’t even straighten my hair until I was 21; yes I sported an afro until then. The thought of wearing make-up made me gag, and to be perfectly honest it still does to a point. I don’t know what goes with what, what colors look good together, or even what accessories are most of the time. But I have found things that are my tried and true, hardly any flucutations. What is this absolutely simply boring wardrobe you ask? Here I’ll show you:

In San Diego I lived in tank tops, shorts, and flip flops when it was hot. Every once in a while I would venture into something with color:



When The Princess was smaller she became apart of my wardrobe as well as my hunting coat:


Since moving up to Oregon, I had to throw my flip flops into the closet and start wearing my hiking boots:

Or my absolute loves. I have been known to go into tizzies when I can’t find them. I wear them with everything, pants, skirts, shorts. Doesn’t matter, I even sleep in them at times because yes they are THAT comfy; my Ariats:

There were times where fashion was the LEAST of my concerns. Yes ladies I did go out in public like that too:


But in the end I can always be found just like this:



As you can see there is absolutely no fashion in my wardrobe. It’s just jeans, boots, shirts, and my hunting coat, very basic.

What’s your style?

7 Voices:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Chelle. I like your blog's new look! Where did you find the design?

Unknown said...

HA! Love it! I wear basically jeans and nice shirts, or comfy shirts. Spring, summer and fall I'm in flip flops, unless my feet hurt. Then I wear my tennis shoes. My husband did buy my some of the cutest winter boots though! I've only worn them once or twice though. :\

I love your new blog design too!

cait said...

"Comfortable" is what works for me! Enjoyed browsing your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine. :)

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

I'm not big on style either, but I do at least try to match my clothes. I don't have any bright colored shoes and NEVER wear heels, thus seldom dresses or skirts.

I like the L.L. Bean mocs and where them or tennis shoes every day. I love t-shirts and jeans or shorts in the summer and flannel shirts, sweaters, or sweatshirts and cordurouys in the winter.

That's my style and oh, no makeup for me! What you see is what you get. Enjoyed your pics--think we'd get along great!

Visiting from SITS.

Brandie said...

Stopping by from SITS...funny, I just posted about my fashion tips as well. I like good shoes and accessories. They make any old boring outfit seem special.
Cute blog!

Small Burst said...

I'm certainly no fashionista but I think when I was younger I could get away with wearing anything (jeans shorts, cut up sweat sorts etc). Now that I am (ehem) older, I feel like I have to care a little more. This is probably because I weighed 100 lbs back then and 2 kids later...not so much (sigh).

Miles Of Style said...

at work i like to dress up formally. otherwise im a very jeans and a cute top kinda girl. i prefer dresses for social events and slinky numbers when i travel. i don't think skirts look good on me. im also quite in love with leggings combined long tunics. they're very comfy and yet feminine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails