What to do when the reason for waking up is gone?

11 February 2010

Now I make it every single morning before the sun comes up. I have to have my first cup before I do anything for the day. I don’t even drink that much, 3 cups of Folger’s Classic Roast Half Caff. It suits me PERFECTLY. Not too much caffeine to where I feel like a crack addict coming down from a high by lunch time and not too little to where I’m still dragging my feet through pea soup trying to function. As much as I enjoy my coffee I really enjoy creamer much, much more. I think it’s safe to say that I like coffee with creamer vs. the other way around.

So you could imagine the horror that I went through the other morning when I pulled out the creamer to realize some idiot (okay okay I admit it was me all me!!) put an empty container back in the fridge. I was faced with a dilemma; lack of funds, pouring down rain, Monkey still sawing logs, Princess trying to gnaw the dog food as I tried blocking her with my foot and no creamer. Was I going to gather all the cans to cash in for creamer? Was I going to drive the 8 mile drive to my in-laws so that I could break in from the garage to steal theirs? Could I *gasp* DARE to drink my coffee black? I was starting to have a mini panic attack all over creamer. I picked up the phone and called my mother in law in a panic and she gave me the easiest recipe ever to save my sanity and not commit burglary on her house. It turned out so fantastic, can’t believe I didn’t know about it before.



14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk

As much nonfat milk until it’s to the consistency you like. (I used 2% milk since that is all I have on hand)

Whatever flavor you like. I choose Vanilla since that was all I had on hand and well plus it’s incredibly yummy. After some searching I found out this is a fairly common recipe and found some other ideas to add for different flavorings.

Almond Orange Cappuccino = 1 tsp. almond extract & ½ tsp. orange extract
Amaretto = ½ tsp cinnamon & 1 tsp almond extract
Strudel = 1 tbsp. cinnamon & 1 tsp. vanilla extract & 1 tsp. almond extract

I am going to have fun experimenting with this new adventure and see what I can come up with that will taste yummy. So ladies go forth, create, and enjoy the creamer.


10 Voices:

Deb said...

Geez...I would have never of thought of this. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.

Chelle said...

I know. After making it and it tasted so good I just felt like an idiot for shelling out $3- $4 a bottle every two weeks.

lovemylevi said...

Following you from the Friday Follow link-up! Hope to see you at http://luvsjurn3.blogspot.com

Just_Lizzie said...

Yeah for mothers-in-law! Did you mean coffee in your creamer vs the other way around?

Ms. Diva said...

I am also a little coffee with my creamer kind of girl!!! What a great MIL! I'm going to try her recipe!

Barbie said...

How great! I'm going to have to try this recipe out myself as I am, also, a coffee with my creamer gal.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipe. I've had mornings like that.

I came over from MBC! I am now following you.
Heather
http://www.ratherbechangingdiapers.com/

Anonymous said...

This is sooo me! I FREAK when I don't get my morning coffee! That home-made creamer sounds yummy!

Miss Dot said...

Haha! I don't like coffee but I totally get the "I'm craving something but don't have it and have no way of getting it save breaking the law or doing something absolutely nuts" feeling. I never knew you could make creamer! Awesome.

Chelle said...

I have to admit I am kinda surprised that I'm not the only one who didn't know about it. Makes me feel like I am not fully alone in this adventure of new discovery.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails