Beauty school drop out after one cut

29 April 2010


Yesterday started out as any day; laundry, sweeping, chasing kids, indulging in DVR’d episodes of Real Housewives of New Jersey and that is when it happened. It dawned on me that the house was way too quiet as I sat there on my bed held down by the laundry. Getting up cautiously as to not make too much noise to scare any little kids into stopping whatever it was they were doing, I crept through the house and that was when I found him. I about died from a heart attack at what Monkey was doing, when he opened his mouth to explain him self I had to hold back laughter.

There was Monkey in just his Spiderman undies, sitting on the floor in his sleeping bag watching Handy Manny, with Toby our dog in his lap sprawled out, and then I saw what was in Monkey’s hands. A pair of SCISSORS!

He was giving Toby a hair cut. When asked what he was doing, he looked up so innocently, smiled as he said “Toby wanted a haircut, he said please too”.

Hmmm did I miss something? Since when do dogs, ask for a haircut let alone say please while doing so?

Our poor dog looks like he’s got mange now. 4 spots on one side near his rib cage, 3 spots on the other side, spots on his back, and a little diamond on the top of his head.



Poor puppy! I can’t even begin to imagine how he must feel looking all spotty.


After that escapade, we had to have yet ANOTHER family meeting on the importance of keeping scissors in the kitchen in the high cabinet and not in our underwear drawer in our bedroom. Lil t' apparently thought that if he hid the scissors then he could keep them in his room. Naive little guy, Monkey gets into EVERYTHING! Monkey's beauty school attempt will NOT be recreated, duplicated nor will he go back. He's a drop out and I have no ill feelings towards it either.

In other news after crying over the floors for the past two weeks, we FINALLY got our travel claim back, so last night I ran to Wal-Mart and bought the Shark Steam Pocket Mop. I have heard mixed reviews from everyone I asked. It’s split literally right down the middle, some hate it and some like it. I’m going to give it a 2 week trial before saying I hate it or love it. If I hate it back to Wal-Mart I go. If I love it then woohoo for clean floors. The one thing I am very nervous about is it taking the shine off the wood flooring area. I don’t know if I am going to have to get a shiner and put that on after steaming them. I will say that I have high hopes for it because I really wanted the Bissell Green Tea steam mop but to be quite honest; I didn’t want to drive another 20 minutes to Target due to being impatient.


I called to set up a time for the fence to be installed here and they said they are out about 7 weeks! Can you friggen believe that? I am already LIVID at the fact that we pay 100% BAH for our housing and yet are expected to pay OUT OF POCKET for a rinky dink chain link fence for the safety of our children and pets. But yet all the new housing going up get fences included in their BAH. Every other place I’ve lived at as always had a fenced area per house for children. This is ridiculous. The fences run anywhere from $35 to $50 a month depending on how big you want your backyard. Maybe I’m just spoiled but I find it absolutely ridiculous and another reason why I can’t stand PPV sometimes. Always looking to make another buck off what they already get. I have so many complaints against the way PPV works from living in San Diego, that this is just not sitting well with me. But I don’t have much of an option sadly. I would LOVE for us to put up our own fence but another honest fact about us, if we did it would fall down literally within 10 minutes upon completion. We just aren’t that savy.



How I feel about the fence situation.


Okay okay off my soap box for the day. Sometimes it feels good to go on a rampage. *snicker* Off to steam the kitchen thanks to Monkey spilling a whole bottle of Juicy Juicy during the night!

4 Voices:

Goodnight moon said...

Yes...scissors...we had an encounter with scissors just last week. I about cried...you can read it here....

http://willisam5.blogspot.com/2010/04/pile-of-feathers.html

At least yours was just to your dog...and not your youngest daughters hair that took her until now to grow.

I need to get on the ball about puttig a fence up too. Thanks for reminding me!!!!

Jenny said...

the poor puppy! what a haircut!

totally random but what is BAH? obviously something to do with housing...

what a cute photo!

Cheryl said...

I was wondering about BAH and PPV as well.
As for the dog... I can't believe he sat there for it! That must be one good puppy.
;)

Lourie said...

Oh my goodness! Poor puppy! Those cuts were close. Yikes.

I can't believe you have to foot the bill for the fence. Do you have to take it down when you move?

Stopping by from SITS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails