I’m not one for bananas, for the most part absolutely can not stand the way they taste after undressing them. However my feelings are not shared by everyone else in the house. I do like banana smoothies and banana bread. They eat them straight out of the peel faster then I can keep them in stock. I’m always, ALWAYS replacing them.
The other day I bout a bundle, took them out of the bag, set them on the counter, turned to throw bag away, turned back and what was once 8 had magically dwindled down to 3. This is an every day occurrence here. I’ve tried hiding them, I’ve tired leaving them in the car, putting them in high cabinets, what have you but it never works. Almost like the kids have banana radar in them.
Anyways Chiquita contacted me to see if I would be interested in receiving a healthy kit that had great ideas for nutritional snacks for the kids. This was a complete no brainer in my book! The kids would be so mad if I had passed up this opportunity. Fast forward to a door bell ringing and there sitting on my porch was a white box with a HUGE image on it. The kids were pushing on either side of me to see what arrived and if it involved them.
Of course the excitement followed me into the kitchen as I opened the box to hear a bunch of “ohhh can I have?” and “If you aren’t going to use”. The kit included some fabulous useful items, such as:
- Chiquita Mom’s Flip Book
- Chiquita Mom’s Freezer Bags
- Chiquita Mom’s Recipe Cards
- Coupon for a FREE bundle of Chiquita Bananas
- Chiquita Banana’s baby safe bowl w/ lid, fork, spoon, and Sippy cup
- Chiquita Banana baby bibs
And last but not lease since this was my favorite part of the kit…
- Chiquita Banana’s Moms’ Reusable Grocery Tote Bag.
Why do I love being part of Chiquita Moms?
Simply put… spending quality time with the kids while feeding them something nutritional!
It gave us an opportunity to have fun picking out the perfect bunch of bananas, laughing and learning about dark green to bright yellow bananas, plantation bananas, and discuss which recipe we would love to try when we got home. It also gave me a reminder that just because life is busy doesn’t mean we have to push nutrition aside. Banana’s are cheap, easy, and a delicious snack. They curb
- Bananas (As many as people eating them can keep whole or cut in half)
- Peanut butter (optional)
- Yogurt (optional and what ever flavor you like)
- Chocolate (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Rice Krispies (optional)
- Craft sticks (amt depends on how many bananas you are going to use)
1. Take the banana insert a craft stick in each one.
2. you can either dip it in the Yogurt/Chocolate or spread Peanut Butter on the banana.
3. Roll banana in the topping of your choice
4. Then you can either freeze them or eat the yummie goodness right there!
!! Giveaway !!
5 lucky followers (yes you read that right! I said FIVE!) will receive a Chiquita Mom Kit to encourage healthy eating while enjoying your family time! You MUST be a follower of my blog through GFC (Google Friend Connect) to enter.
Mandatory Entry: Visit Chiquita Banana’s Health & Nutrition and tell me something you learned from their site.
Additional Chances of Winning: (Don’t forget to leave a separate comment for each entry and to make sure your mandatory entry has your email included)
- “Like” It’s a Hooah Life’s Fan Page (+1 entry)
- Follow @ChiquitaChatter on Twitter (+1 entry)
- Follow @Amuddypaw on Twitter (+1 entry)
- “Like” Chiquita on Facebook (+1 entry)
- Blog about this giveaway & posting a link to your post (+2 entries)
- Place my button for It’s a Hooah Life on your site (+2 entries)
- Tweet “http://bit.ly/h5Y4Un“ (+1 entry per tweet max 2 tweets per day)
Please make sure to include your email address so that I can contact you and have Chiquita send you your very own Chiquita Mom Kit
Giveaway will end at 08:00 PM (eastern time) on January 11th , 2011. This giveaway is open to
residents only. The winners will be selected by random.org and will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen. U. S.
Disclosure: I was provided with Chiquita Mom Kit that was free of charge for the sole purpose of providing this review for my readers. All views and opinions are of my own and my children’s own with no other influences included.