And it's So long girl I'll see you, When it's time for him to go

28 April 2011

This whole deployment err more like lack of deployment has been a real pain in the ass.

We've been up down, around, in circles and every which way our feelings about it could be thrown in dealing, accepting and overcoming it.

Tuesday till this morning was the worse of it all.


Memorandum was passed down this week that anyone being held back in Read D because of medical issues and couldn't get cleared in the next week to two would be facing medboards.

While Dirt Diver is still in the air about the Army and if he made the right choice switching branches this is just not our time to get out. The economy isn't great as we all know, he still has issues that need to be followed up with, medical for a family of 6 preiuems would send me into a tailspin of anxiety. ya get the point.

He went back to the Major at the hospital for yet another test on his thyroid levels. The results came back at a 4 which is the highest level in the "safety" zone possible. My stomach dropped when I heard that. Last time Dirt Diver went to SRP to clear out, a Colonel canned him because he was at a 6 and still dropping. The major wrote a letter backed by 3 more Major's at the hospital's backing that Dirt Diver was safe for duty and to serve in theater.

I know some may not understand why I am so eager to send my beloved husband to war. But if you knew him you'd understand. It's in his blood, his heart, his soul. He has a calling to serve & protect. Neither I or the kids can stand in the way. Ever hear the song "The Rodeo" by Garth Brooks? That is my husband to the T.

Anyways, for the past 24 hours, we fell victim to the "what if" game. Dirt Diver's spirits were sinking faster and faster. Watching a man you love doubt himself is so incredibly hard and all I could do was sit there and let him run his course while holding his hand as we tried to vegg out on tv.

Waiting this morning took FOREVER. I swear the 15 minutes from his text saying he was going into SRP to him saying he was done felt like a life time. In the end he's cleared. No more canning him because levels aren't safe. When the next flight leaves who knows but I know it'll be here and gone before I can fully process that he is leaving.

For now I just breathe a sigh of relief that he can be with his guys and do what he's made to do.

5 Voices:

erika said...

I think sometimes the anticipation of missing them can be worse than the actual missing them too.

Unknown said...

I agree. The anticipation is horrible. But the deployment will actually go by faster than it seems. Mine is almost over now and I'm still having problems believing it! You can get through it babe!

Pink Champagne, Gatorade, and MRE's said...

that song is awesome...deployment not so much. I agree that waiting for them to leave is almost the worst part. You will look back on it and be surprised how fast it went.

Unknown said...

I just can't believe how long its all taking! You guys got word he'd be deploying the same time Cody did and that was last year!! I adore Garth Brooks.

Anonymous said...

I've been right there with you with this whole retention board thingy the Navy is doing. D is scared AND he's doubting himself and it makes me sick to see and I can't do anything about it. But our boys draw from our strength and so we hang in there. I'm glad he's leaving but I'm also sorry he's leaving Chelle. *hugs*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails