Getting to Know You

28 February 2010



Participating in MannLand5's Getting to Know You Sunday. The questions are fun and carefree, and makes for a easy Sunday posting. Yes I'm lazy. It's Sunday. It's okay to admit it. I'm not afraid to. Take a gander at MannLand5 if you have the chance to!


1.    Would you rather bungee jump or sky dive?
I’d rather sky dive. I want to feel the feeling of floating as I come to the ground. With bungee jumping you seem to miss that feeling as you fall fast to the ground, spring back up and fall again. Call me crazy but the “slow” decent you get once your ‘chute opens just looks so amazing.

2.    When using a public restroom to you squat over the seat or sit?
I used to squat but now I sit. I have no coordination therefore squatting is just too much for me. I tried it once at a night out on the town with the girls a couple years ago. It was at Moose’s in the Gaslamp that put a stop to it.. I fell, and then I got stuck between the stupid toilet and the stall. To have to have help with your pants around your ankles while you are completely obliterated and laughing uncontrollably stopped my hovering days. My friends STILL make fun of me for it. Thankfully I can still laugh over it.

3.    Favorite flower?
My heart belongs to the Lily, every type and hybrid of them. Did you know that the Lily is believed to have sprouted from the milk of the queen of the gods, Hera of Greek mythology. They represent the purity of the Virgin Mary, White Stargazer’s represent sympathy and devotion; which is why you normally see them at funeral’s.

The Pink Stargazer Lily is what I want tattooed for my cover up of my ex-husband’s name. I originally was thinking the White Stargazer but really I am not mourning the death of that marriage; instead I celebrate the end because it allowed for me to discover who I was/am and find The Man.

4.    Pedicure or manicure?
Pedicure always. I hate feet with a passion! I think if you wear flip flops it should be a federal law that you have a pedicure, and that it has to be done every 2-3 weeks. Sorry ladies but there are some nasty booty feet out there strutting it and it just makes me puke in my mouth a little. I even think men should be forced to get them done as well. And just so you know, it IS okay to shave those little hairs on your big toes; men AND women.

5.    How many siblings do you have?
I have none. I’m an only child. I truly have mixed feelings about being an only child. There were positives to it and there were negatives. A positive was I never had to share; everything was all mine, mine, mine. A negative was that I was so incredibly lonely as a child. I would get home from school about 3 hours before my mom did. During those 3 hours I became obsessed with watching TV. I lived for shows to help me escape the quietness in the house. If I wasn’t at home then I was out with the wrong crowds doing things to pass the time, keep me busy. I loathed going home. I loathed the silence. And the sad part about the silence is now that I have a house full of kids, I long for it. I long to be able to sit and not have to share the TV, video games, computer, and music. I long to lay on the couch and read a book in a day without moving or being needed. Funny how life turns on you and the grass is never ever greener on the other side. It’s all about your perception on the current situation.

6.    Do you pee in the shower? (gasp!)
I know I know TMI? I can’t stop laughing at this question. To be perfectly honest, yes I do. There times when I’m running around, jump in the shower and realize I forgot to go before I got in. Well who in their right mind wants to brave the freezing sub zero coldness outside of the hot almost scalding water safe zone you’ve created? Yeah me either. Besides that’s another mess to clean up, all the water you’ve dripped from the shower to the toilet.

7.    Bikini, tankini, or one piece?

Up until two years ago I’ve always worn a bikini. The smaller the better. I LOVED how The Man’s eyes would bug out, the drool would start, and how he couldn’t keep his hands off when we’d go to the beach together without the kids. I loved teasing him. But then I realized last year that my  addiction to PB Twix was NOT helpful in any way to wearing a bikini. So I gave it up and switched to a monkini.

8.    Where do you hate to shop at, but go there anyway?
There’s not much of a choice in this little redneck area. So I guess it would have to be McKay’s grocery store. They are such a super small shop that they charge almost double if not more then what Wal-Mart or Albertson’s does. Unfortunately when I realize that I forgot something or we ran out of milk we hit it up because it’s closer and easier to get in & out then going to Wal-Mart. The people who work there are so incredibly sweet and remember everyone’s names; including mine, it’s just the prices that make me hate shopping there.









5 Voices:

Kelsey Claire said...

I love that stargazer lily. It is so beautiful!

Mama (Heidi) said...

Thanks for stopping by. I am so with you on the feet thing(giggidty-gross), the flower thing and not braving the sub-zero out of the shower temps.

Unknown said...

Momkini! LOVE it : ).

I also love the lily you pictured. So pretty.

I have an only child and I worry constantly about how difficult it is. He is lonely a lot.

I am stopping over from SITS today. So nice to meet you.

KiraAJ said...

Thanks Chelle! Yes i think we all did well designin our tatts :) I love what u want to get :) Sat gazzer lillies r my most fav flower in the world :) i had them for my wedding and my hubby suprises me with them once in awhile! We would ot have seen that movie in the threates had it not been for a special occasion :) we love netflix! Love ur momkini! sexy! wish i could wear one maybe one day lol!

JenJen said...

Happy Monday! I'm stopping over from SITS. I love your blog background!

http://jensbattlebook.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails