Not Me! Monday

01 March 2010



Welcome to NOT ME MONDAYS, where where we confess to the things we did (NOT) do! Please click on the link above to link up with your own post.



For the last couple weeks I have not been saying to the dog and the cats that I’m going to start keeping track better of my Not Me Mondays. Then Sunday night rolls around teasing me with the threat of another week filled with homework, chores, and complaints; and I would not just be realizing that I did not keep track of a single solitary Not Me moment.

When each kid has hit the walking stage, I never said that safety locks need to be used in the house. As a loving mother who’s children’s’ safety is her number one priority I would never keep putting it off with every child. With Princess I would never just move things, you’ll never find the unused dog crate that has a secret identity as a gate to block the kitchen. Or the elliptical that never gets moonlighting as a door blocker. No instead I went to Wal-Mart, purchased the safety locks and installed them immediately.

While ‘Tater had a sleepover with her bestie Friday I would conduct myself as a respectful adult who conducts herself with integrity and composure. You would never have found me driving with the windows down, blasting Ke$ha’s “Tik Tok” and singing at the top of my lungs with the girls. Because I do not know the full words to such a ridiculous song nor would I indulge in crazy out of control dance antics at red lights while people in the trucks next to us stared ridiculously.

Did not spend another weekend laying on the floor being a bum with the kids crawling on me. Nope. Never. I would have gotten up and done something productive with the very few opportunities of the sun shining. I would never waste the beautiful clear skies to play video games with the kids and veg.

Last night while off to a good start of country ‘taters with white sausage gravy; I wouldn’t have almost burnt down the house when I got on the phone with the ex-husband. No I wouldn’t let myself get so absorbed into his issues that I would ruin 2 whole sticks of the fabulous most delicious butter in the world. Or waste 4 cups of the most loved liquid in the world, ice cold milk. Or have to throw away an entire package of yummy maple syrup sausage that got burnt to a crisp. Nope. Not me.

And then when trying to save money I would NEVER in a million years call Domino’s and order pizza to get us through the night. In the past 6 years I can honestly say I don’t have a single memory of doing this. I would never open the freezer to see a bunch of frozen chicken to only close it and justify my spending on delivery.

In my efforts to write up a post the night before, you would never catch me this morning in my pajamas, eyes crusted with sleepies, yawn’s coming left and right as I attempt to type this out. Nope I would never procrastinate; I’m on top of everything!

Head on over to MckMama's blog to see what everyone else was not up to this past week


5 Voices:

Jenny said...

okay...that tik tok song is addicting...i think i have found myself dancing down the road a time or two.

happy monday! thanks for letting me visit!

Danielle said...

HA! That is totally me. I love that Ke$ha song!!

Sadie said...

Haha that song IS too addicting!

I just discovered your blog and am now following, hope you like mine and do the same!

Sadie@
nelliebugs-swaps.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

It is hard to do it all. Pizza is a good answer at times.

Writing Without Periods! said...

Pizza is the best answer for a lot of things: bad days, birthdays, other celebrations, moving day, holidays, and just for a good meal.
Love your blog.
Mary

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails