One day Panda Express I will figure you out!

04 March 2010


Since we moved to this redneck town, we only get Panda Express when we drive to the big city. Which honestly is about every 3 or 4 months. I went from having them right down the road to being 4 hours away. It was a heart breaking divorce with them. We tested a new recipe out on the kids and it was a hit. I personally think I can do more with it but they both said they loved it and Monkey had 2 helpings of “chicken” until I got him to understand it was pork. Once he realized it wasn't "chicken", he freaked out yelling he hates pork. *sideeye* Hmmm no he doesn’t, he didn’t the other week when we had it as shake it bake with applesauce.  I tried to photograph my cooking but kept forgetting shots as I was trying to shoo Princess from the trashcan and Monkey from the back of the couch. Lol Oh well, it still turned out awesome and I'm sure someone else will enjoy it.




ORANGE PORK
1lb pork chops
1tsp garlic
1 c. Orange Juice
¼ c. Soy Sauce
2 tblsp. Brown Sugar packed
2 tsp cornstarch
4 tsp water
A ton of dashes Red Pepper Flakes
Steamed Broccoli
Steamed Sugar Snap Peas
Water Chestnuts

Cut up your chops into cubes.



Don’t pay attention to how bad my pan is, I love it and can’t part with it. A tsp, or a tablespoon or more of garlic.

Toss in the pork and sizzle the piggy up.


Brown the pork all the way through and remove.




Mix up orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, and flakes and add to pan. Bring to boil and reduce for a minute or two. Mix up cornstarch and whisk it into the pan. Now I can’t say this enough WHISK IT!! Don’t be afraid to WHISK IT! I am always too shy about it and end up with lumps, then I’m stuck trying to whisk the lumps out and that’s just more work while you are throwing F-bombs under your tongue praying the kids don’t hear you and the beads of sweat building on your forehead don’t drop into the food. Let thicken.


Add in the pork


Then the veggies. Stir it around to evenly distribute the sauce.


Serve over rice and enjoy!




11 Voices:

Cheryl said...

My guess is that would work OK with chicken too. It sounds Delicious! I think we went to Panda Express MORE when it was farther away! ;)

hypermom said...

Ohh I will definitely try this one. Thanks for sharing :)

Mrs P said...

Looks delicious! Definitely made me hungry :)

Jenny said...

looks so yummy! might have to give this a try...thanks!

Ms. Diva said...

That looks so freakin yummy!!!!! Good job!!!

I have something for you on my blog!!!

Sadie said...

Awesome pictures!

Stacy's Snippets said...

This looks delicious! I am totally going to make it!

Oh, and I don't know if you have a COSTCO where you are, but Panda Express is now selling their orange chicken sauce AND their mandarin sauce (my favorite) in bottles at Costco and Winnco. If you want to send me your address I will send you some! My little treat!! You can email me at stacy543@yahoo.com

Jen R said...

Looks good. You don't need Panda Express. You are Panda Express;-)

Stopping by from SITS. Have a great day

http://www.myinnerfoodzilla.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

hmmm, i don't know if I even like Orange Chicken/Pork but it sure sounds good.
stopping by from SITS :)

Writing Without Periods! said...

I love Panda Express but I'm usually too lazy to drive across town to get it. Thanks a bunch.
Mary

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

I'd much rather make Panda Express at home. Probably cuts way down on the sodium and fat. I'm in...I'll give it a whirl and let you know how it goes!

Stopping by from SITS!
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner?
www.mawhats4dinner.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails