Price gouging at its finest

08 April 2010

After paying with a leg for the last gallon of milk, apparently when mom says “Lay off the milk for a little bit” translates into “drink it as fast as we can”.  The kids have devoured the jug in record time. This morning I had to run some gear out to Dirt Diver so I stopped at the Commissary to pick up a gallon of milk and about died in anger. The milk, the same brand same fat content at the Commissary was $1.95 compared to the $3.59 I paid at the 7 day store. That is a $1.64 difference.  I could have gotten 2 gallons with 30 cents more if I knew that.

And now that I’m done complaining, without further ado; here is the new house. I warn you now there are a TON of pictures. I’m sorry Dirt Diver went overboard..


Click the picture above or here to check out the new place.





2 Voices:

Unknown said...

I hate when that happen but I love the new digs!

♥ Mrs. S.

Unknown said...

You know, that housing looks strangely familiar! Some like that at Ft. Eustis, VA, and there used to be some here at Ft. Bragg as well. I hear you about the prices. I actually buy my milk at a local store, because they sell organic milk by the gallon. If I bought a gallon of organic at the commissary, it would cost me over $7.00 - at that store, it is between $4.49 - 5.99...depending if it is on sale or not. But most of the time I find good deals commissary shopping.

In any case, happy to have found your blog!

Conni - an army wife too.
MrsMamaHen.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails