T.G.I.F. brain spewage

23 April 2010

I always wanted hardwood floors. Used to say "oh it'll be so much easier then the carpets"; HOLY SNOTBALLS BATMAS boy was I wrong! It's a pain in the ass, literally! I sweep the floors probably 5 or 6 times a day. I am constantly using our Swiffer WetJet. Yes it's easier with spills but it's still a pain. I can't walk on the floors barefoot without wanting to cringe. I kid you not, I'll sweep the floor walk away, come back and there's dirt or dog hair under my feet again. ANNOYING! In the week that we've been here I've gone through 2 boxes of Swiffer pads. TWO!

So today I decided to pick up my needles, the ball of yucky practice yarn and I'm going to knit myself a wetjet pad. I can't keep buying those things, it'll put us out of house and home if I do. After thinking about it, the next best thing financially and economically would be to make reuseable ones. Hopefully I don't take an eye out, break a needle, or drop too many F-bombs in the process.

'Tater has her first school dance here at the new school this evening. She was so excited the theme was sports attire. Wish I grabbed the camera this morning before she left, she looked so cute in her LaDamien Tomlison jersey. Yes she knows he's not with the Chargers anymore but she's a LT fan and a Chargers so she'll always be sporting the two together. Hopefully he doesn't go to some crappy team that she hates this season.

Woke up this morning wanting to make chili, started browning the bef, throwing the beans together, and then I realized I had no cayenne pepper and my chili seasoning bottle was empty. So I became a toss a little of this and a little of that into the crock-pot. Hopefully it'll taste good. I'll taste test it in a couple hours and adjust as necessary. Chili and cornbread sound soo yummie today.

It's raining, grey and some would say nasty to me it's beautiful out. Makes me think of Oregon right now. I get to wear a thermal, jeans and fuzzy socks today! If I go outside I can through my Bearpaws on too! But I have no reason to go outside though, it's the fact that counts though. *snicker*

The whole weekend calls for thunderstorms and rain, add in that the Army STILL hasn't paid us for our move it's going to be a stay in the house weekend. My only goal is to work on laundry (yes we create a LOT of dirty clothes around here), watch tv, play video games, and snuggle.  Sadly Dirt Diver and I have fallen out of whack over the past two weeks. I don't know how to put my finger on where it turned but we're just co-existing right now. I think the stress of finances, adjusting to being under one roof together, and his work hours is just putting a strain on us. Add in the worries of him having to go to physical therapy for his back, lab tests for some other issues. We are just at odds right now. I'm hoping we can get back on track soon. I know we will. We just have to take the steps to do it, rather then become comfortable in our current place.

IN the 6 years we've been together, I've always known that he's wanted to be in the military, shoot he was in when we met. During our time in the Navy, he was safe had already done his deployment was on shore duty, sat in a cinder block room surrounded by ammo and weapons. Then he got out. We lived our life as civilians for a time being till he re-enlisted in the Army. I made him promise to not go Infantry thinking he'll find something safe. Instead he took Cannon Crewmember. LOL hmm yeah still as dangerous. But I shoved the thoughts out of my head which was incredibly easy to do since he was in Oklahoma for training and I was in Oregon. This week he came home with news of a new job he'll be doing when he deploys. My safety bubble crashed. I knew it was going to become a reality that he was going to do dangerous things but I was still in my safety world thinking it won't happen anytime soon. Boy was I wrong. It's what he wants to do. I accept and support his choices and his career but it doesn't mean that I'm okay with it. It's times like this that are hard to wrap your brain around. Time will tell right? Until then we will enjoy the time we have together and will get back on track.

With that I hope that everyone has a Fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend! I'll be back on Sunday with Mannland5's "Getting to know you" meme.

6 Voices:

Unknown said...

Oh I LOVE our tile and hard wood floors BUT I don't have kids or pets. I think making the reusable pads is a fantastic idea!

♥ Mrs. S.

Ms. Diva said...

I am ALWAYS sweeping!! Good to know it's just not me cringing!!! When Honey and I get out of sync, I hate it!!! So I am sending you positive, healing vibes!!!

Cheryl said...

I have carpet and tile. I'm a carpet girl. I can put off cleaning it for longer.
Hats off to your hubby for wanting to keep the rest of us safe and thanks to you for supporting him no matter how hard it is!

Sal said...

Honey, I totally understand what you mean about the "safety bubble" popping. When DH told me he'd be doing EOD, I thought, wow, how am I going to handle this?

He's lucky he's got a woman strong enough to support him and be there for him. Hang in there! You're not alone in feeling a bit scared.

Sarah Beth said...

I do like LT, but NOT the Chargers! The only team I like less is the Pats. But, good for your daughter having team spirit! :) BTW, LT is on the Jets now. They should be pretty good again this year.

Jenny said...

I totally hate hardwood floors too...unless they are dark and I cannot see the dirt. I am like you constantly cleaning it!
Hope tater has a fun time at her dance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails