Getting to know you

30 May 2010



  1. Have you ever snooped around someone else's house?

I’d love to claim no but I’m a nosey ass sometimes and I just can’t help it. I know I have in the bathroom. And thanks to the Seinfield episode exposing it, I feel alive now that I can breathe no longer having to hold it in. I will openly admit to opening someone’s medicine cabinet and taking a glance. I never touch anything but I’m always curious what kinds of things people keep in theirs.

2. Can guys and girls be friends? ( thanks Jen!)

      I used to say yes, and to a degree still yes, but my view has been jaded over the past couple years and now I don’t believe so. There is that fine line in a friendship where when stepping over it causes problems and I believe no matter how good a person is, when a friendship hits that line the colors go grey and the line starts to look like a cardio graph. With that said I love to hang out with guys. I love working on cars, drinking beer, riding the quads, watching UFC, etc; but I never let my male friendships get too close. Just my rule of thumb from a jaded heart harden biznatchio.

3. Can you curl your tongue?

      No and I find it absolutely offenseable (I don’t think that’s a word but I like the sound so you’re stuck having to read it *giggle*) that someone would ask this question, almost like you’re single handily pointing out the untalented tongues of America. Everyone in our family can but me. I have a stupid tongue that makes a bowl while my face contorts into strange faces when I THINK at just THAT moment my tongue’s taco’d itself only to be laughed at by the kids because I truly haven’t accomplished a taco.

4. Have you ever stolen anything?

      Really who hasn’t these days? Picked a penny off the ground and keep it? You’re a thief. Got home, looked at the receipt to see you were charged less or not all but didn’t go back to correct it? Yupp you’re a thief too. I’ve done it here and there but truly without intension. There have been times where I take everything out, pay; load up the truck only to find out when we got home something fell in the diaper bag. I’ll claim it, I’m too damn lazy to call Wal-Mart or drive back to take care of it. I’m a thief. I accept it. Horrible shameful person am I. I must be stoned with marshmallows.

5. Would you rather talk on the phone or text?

      Text! I hate talking on the phone. With so many kids and noises in our house I can’t hold a conversation to save my life without yelling at a kid to stop taking advantage of my attention being focused on the phone.

6. Memorial Day plans?

      Yes we do/did. Friday was bar night with our close neighbors. Saturday was the Toby Keith concert on post (don’t even get me started on the shitty horrible craptastic job MWR did on it, that’s a whole post in of itself). Today (Sunday) is grilling and beer pong with the neighbors. Monday is field dayin’ the house for Daycare inspections.

We’re just a bunch of party animals, I know.

7. What do you do to relax?

Play video games. As much as playing them irritate me and causes me to shout out random strings of foul nasty obscenities, I absolutely love playing. I like to knit too but that takes time and I like instant satisfaction, not 6 years of knitting to get a silly like 3” x 5” washcloth. Yes I’m slower then a snail in molasses on a hot day in the south. I accept it and embrace it.

8. Do you do anything to honor those that have died fighting for our freedom?

No we don’t. I just hug my husband a little tighter, I say a little prayer, and that’s it. We don’t make big deals of things like birthdays, holidays, deaths, etc. They are there, we make sure the kids are aware and can tell us something but that’s about it. We fail, I know.

And of course don't forget to enter my candle giveaway.

Have a fabulous Memorial Day everyone!

6 Voices:

Lacey said...

Your answers are SO cute - especially about being a thief. You're right. Everyone has done it before. I know I have. I wrote about it in my blog as well.

I'm Lacey. I'm your newest follower. Nice "meeting" you.

Anonymous said...

Oooo, I LOVE Toby Keith - sooooo jealous that you got to see him in concert!

Anonymous said...

So jealous about Toby! Your plans for tonight sound fun :)

Stopping by from GTKYS!

A 2 Z said...

I like your honest and funny answers. Sounds like you are having a busy weekend. Thanks for sharing.

Anne-Marie

S said...

Stopping by from GTKY...and I'm now a follower! I love your answers! I'm a milspouse too. It's fun meeting other milspouses! :)

~Staci
ramblingmilitarywife.blogspot.com

Kathryn said...

"I never gave up caffeine when I was preggo. I did cut back though. But then again maybe just maybe that's why my kiddies are so strange because of the my caffeine intake. lol"

Thanks for the comment! :)
haha I am sure they are not that strange! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails