MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #3

09 July 2010

  1. What is your favorite household chore?
I think I died when I read this question, actually choked loud enough to wake the cats and I heard Princess stir. A favorite chore? Isn’t that an oxymoron? If I HAD to pick one it’d be washing diapers. I hate the poop part, but I just love washing them, drying, and then sitting on the floor matching them. Smelling their cleanliness, feeling their softness, and organizing them so they are so pretty only for Princess to come behind, pull them out and run away giggling while clutching a diaper.
  1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Back in the days when life seemed simple and we still lived in Lakeside, my mom and I would drive up to Poway and spend the weekend with my grandparents. We’d get up early Saturday morning, have breakfast, then spend the whole day outside working on the garden. My grandma had the most beautiful rose garden I’d ever seen on the back side of the house before they put the extension on the back of the house. I used to love digging in the garden shed, hunting for worms and snails to douse in salt. And then Sunday was followed with breakfast, the house would be full of the smell of coffee. CNN news (which still to this day is the ONLY news station I watch thanks to Grandma and Grandpa) would blast through the house. I still remember back then on Sunday’s CNN used to air the fashion runway shows. The rest of the day was spent just doing miscellaneous things. The best part to Sunday’s though was after dinner, before going home, we’d all get comfortable in the living room and watch my Grandma’s (and still one of my favorite) shows; Murder She Wrote.
  1. What is your most embarrassing moment?
Hmmm this is a very difficult one since I’m a klutz and am ALWAYS falling, tripping in public. Add in that at one point I had no filter on my mouth so anything I thought came tumbling out. If I think long and hard about it, it was not just one single moment, it was a combination of a couple years while I went through my ugly duckling phase. So from 6th to 11th grade. It was just a very uncomfortable embarrassing time in life that I really wish I could redo at times.
But if you don’t like that answer then I’d have to say, oh let’s pick trying to be cool and peeing in the woods last summer, not paying attention, slipping on the branch, rolling down the hill with my pants around the ankles, inlaws all there to witness my bare bum fly through the trees and bushes, BUT I did manage to save my beer and not let it drop.
  1. What uniform of your spouse’s is your favorite?
Gaah I can’t pick. If I had to pick his Army uniform so far none of it is my favorite. I haven’t seen him in his Class A’s yet and I really dislike almost LOATHE the ACU’s. They are ridiculous. I hate the Velcro. I hate the drab colors. I hate how I can’t starch them, crease them, I can’t fold the sleeves to a perfect tightness to extenuate Dirt Diver’s biceps. And the PVC cover is a piece of shit.
With that said, I will have to go back to his Naval uniforms. I LOVE his Service Dress Blues & Whites. The whole 13 buttons on the front lapel of the bellbottoms. The blouse with tie. The Dixie cup. I Love it! I also think when he was wearing his woodland ACU’s in the Navy when he was a MA, I absolutely adored those. I could crease the hell out of those and he’s look so incredibly sharp.
  1. What canceled TV show do you miss the most?

 We have season 1 on disc and watch it like crazy. Absolutely LOVED it. The show had awesome potential. It's been 5 years since they canceled it and I still have hope they will bring it back.

Another show that I wish didn't get the ax was...

If you haven't done it yet, go visit Wife of a Sailor and link up!




Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

4 Voices:

mannadonn said...

I've heard a lot about Jericho. Too bad.

Glad you rescued your beer while bum-flying! You are definitely a girl with priorities!

I get the whole ACU's thing too. I miss the black combat boots and watching the men shine those suckers until they are like a mirror. These new uniforms are ugly but the guys say they are comfy at least...

blessing said...

Oh man.,....I think I just died reading that you enjoy washing poop...LOL. I heard a lot about Jericho too, but i never got to watch it.

www.musingofanarmywife.blogspot.com

Wife of a Sailor said...

I looooove the buttons on the dress blues! I kinda like to unbutton them ;-)

Mrs. S. said...

Oh Jericho!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails