MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #11

10 September 2010

Dirt Diver called me this morning sounding upset. Thinking he failed his PT test and was getting shit from the guys, he instead told me nope he passed which means he's leaving for WLC soon. I don't want him to go but it's for the best. He's upset that he'll miss things with us but I told him I would NEVER expect nor ask him to "fail" things just to spend time with us. He needs this. With that here's MilSpouse Friday Fill-In...


1. Do you set goals for yourself during deployment? What are some of them? (from Military Mommy)

I did before but since they were with the Spew of Satan; they were more like "better myself", "get stronger mentally", "become financially independent from the Spewage". This time around I am setting better goals like "tone up", "not stay up late every night", "Get us out of debt", "put money in savings for a trailer", "not allow the kids to drive me bonkers".

2. What would you say to someone dating a military guy or gal? (from Mothering Off the Cuff)

There's really not much to say but "welcome to the world of roller coasters and long lines of waiting". To me being a military relationship is no different then being with someone who's a DR, paramedic, firefighter, police. They do something that they love and calls them away at the drop of a dime. I truly don't ever give advice to a new military couple because it's a learning game. What worked for me may not work for them and vice versa. I dunno I just feel giving advice is like that of unwanted advice from other mother's when you're pregnant.

3. If you have children, how do you prepare them to move to a new place? (from The Random Ramblings of A Household 6)

For the older kids we let them look up the area, view the websites that show pictures of the post, find what activities they have for their age to look at check out the school's websites.

For the younger ones, we don't really "prep" them. Just a constant barrage of "We're going to live in a new place", "are you ready for a new place?", etc. Include them in the packing process as to what they want packed and what they want left out to take with us.

4. Name one hobby that gets you through alone time. (from My Sailor’s Mistress)

Knitting, internet, and reality tv. It helps dull the senses so that I don't have to think too much.

5. What’s the one food you don’t ever get tired of? (from That Army Wife Life)

Pizza. I truly could eat it all day every day. It would have to be either Hungry Howie's or Papa Johns though. I can't stand Domino's unless it's their sammie. And Pizza Hut doesn't taste the same like I remember.

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

0 Voices:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails