MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #14

24 September 2010


1. What characteristic about yourself has either been strengthened or weakened due to your experience as a Military Spouse? (from The Albrecht Squad)

I don't think anything's been weakened but I have definitely improved on being independent and self resilient.

2. What is your favorite vacation spot and why? (from ‘Tis the Life of the Army Wife)

I don't really have one because I've never taken a "real" vacation. But with that said I would have to say 2 places. 1. Las Vegas, it's the place where I can have fun, party, and not worry about sleeping till 1300 and can have a beer for breakfast without feeling guilty. The second place is more family oriented but it would be anywhere we can go camping. Give us a forset with a tent and some food and we'll have a blast. I love just sitting around and talking, or just enjoying the silence minus the occasional shouts from the kids as they play.

3. If you could have any fast-food restaurant in the food court on base/post what would you pick? (from The Only Pink in a House of Blue)

Oh shoot it's a tie for me between Panda Express (NO not the ghetto version Rice King on the Naval bases) and Jack in the Box. I absolutely ADORE JIB. They just make my mouth water thinking bout their greasy over priced but oh so yummy burgers.

4. Where did you go on your honeymoon? (from Pennies from Heaven)

We didn't go anywhere. We stayed home because we had to be at work the following Monday and really had no money, plus had to take Lil t' back to his dad's. So we spent our "honeymoon" doing laundry and watching a Law & Order marathon.

5. If you could have any job in the world regardless of money, degree or experience, which job would you have and why? (from Proud to Be a Navy Family and The Calm Before The Storm)


Oh man toughie. But I think when it boils down to it, I'd still love to be a Marine. I love my "job" as a mother but there will ALWAYS bee that desire and disappointment that I never got to go. After that I think I would love to be a nurse in the ER. They get to see so many different things that the job literally brings a new challenge with each and every shift. Oh I'd also love to be a school secretary, be able to see kids and interact with parents but not be directly involved with the heathen kids as I would prolly have a hard time telling the parents their kids is a asshat. I think that's it for the time being. Back in the day I used to want to be a head hunter for some major corporation and travel the world but now I'd be good with a nice secure job in a semi small town where I can watch my corn pop up in rows, every night be tucked in close to you, Raise our kids where the good Lord's blessed... I digress sorry just LOVE that song. lol




Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 Voices:

AbbeyG said...

Ahhh I loved the Tim McGraw reference :) And I totally agree with you on the way being a milspouse has strengthened me.. when I filled out my Fill-In today I put the exact same thing: independence.

P.S. Cute expression "asshat"...I've never heard that one ;) hahah

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails